Welcome to 2019!
I started blogging on this website at the end of the 2017-2018 school year to change things up a bit.
This notion of changing things up become the theme of my professional life in 2018. Here are other examples of when I did just that:
- Took on a leadership role with the Michigan Council of Teachers of English
- Led student writers with Spartan Writing Camp and Greenrock Writers Retreat
- Changed how I taught argument writing and writing in general with the College, Career, and Community Writers Program (C3WP)
- Went semi-viral after posting quick thoughts about how teachers should share resources
- Started a new teaching job in a new district
- Presented with friends at the Michigan Council of Teachers of English Fall Conference in East Lansing, MI
- Challenged my thinking with graduate courses at Michigan State University
- Presented three times at the National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention in Houston, TX both with colleagues and on my own
Heading into 2019, I have plenty of New Years Resolutions in mind. I plan on sharing and showcasing my reading and writing goals in this space in the coming weeks and months and continuing to shake things up! Stay tuned!