Reading Roll Call is a classroom activity I conduct with my students at the beginning of every week to see what they are independently reading. I always share the title of a book that I am reading to model participation and showcase the lifelong commitment to reading that I’ve made.
The holidays and home improvement projects have kept me from reading as much as I’ve wanted to over winter break. I’m still working through American Nerd and Drive-Thru Dreams.
I’m not ready to report on a new book, so I wanted to share all of the titles that I’ve shared with my students during weekly Reading Roll Call activities. If I finished the book, I’ll include my rating. If I didn’t finish it, “DNF” aka “Did not finish” will be next to it.
I am hoping to finish more books in 2020 (goals post soon) and these weekly Reading Roll Call posts will hopefully hold me accountable in order to accomplish that.
Reading Roll Call – 2019 Titles
- How I Resist: Activism and Hope for a New Generation – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Dear Martin – DNF
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark – DNF
- Parkland – DNF
- Bird Box – DNF
- I’ll Give You the Sun – DNF
- Engaging Readers and Writers with Inquiry – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Survivors – DNF
- 180 Days: Two Teachers and the Quest to Engage Adolescents – DNF
- The Sun is Also a Star – DNF
- The Hardy Boys: The Tower Treasure – DNF
- Black Klansman – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- March – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Book Whisperer – DNF
- The Only Plane in the Sky – DNF
- Station Eleven – DNF
- How to be an Antiracist – DNF
- American Nerd – DNF